Admiral 5k (Virtual)
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2020 Danville Admiral 5k is going virtual this year because of COVID-19. This year, anyone can choose any location to run, walk, scoot, or even just dream of running the 5k.
Track how you stack up with other participants on a virtual leaderboard. All registered participants will receive a commemorative bumper sticker for participating in the event.
How it works:
- Register for the event (you're in the right spot)!
- Choose any day in the month of August and September!
- You can choose any course to run/walk you'd like (even your treadmill!)
- When you are ready to start use your cell phone's step counter (or any other activity tracker) to keep track of the distance (remember a 5k is 3.10686 miles).
- Use your cell phone's stopwatch to keep track of your time... Take a screenshot of your time when you are done.
- When you are finished with your run head to giveDanville.org and enter in your run details.
- Check the leaderboard (it'll go live once at least five runners have completed their race) to see how you stand up against the competition.
Want to try to beat your previous time? Sign up to run again and have compete with yourself!
Registering more than one child? Use Promo Code: ExtraChild to get your second child free!
Remember, this run is a fundraiser for the Danville Schools Education Foundation & Alumni Association! The funds raised will be used in classes and activities in the Danville Schools.
Terms & Conditions:
- This run is just for fun and not competitive in nature.
- Make sure you have the property owner's permission if you are running/walking outside.
- Respect social distancing guidelines while participating.
- By participating you agree to have your first name and last initial publicly listed along with your time on the public leaderboard and in any other publication at the DSEFAA's discretion. If you'd prefer to remain anonymous, you may request that at time of event completion submission.
- The leaderboard is for fun only and results are based on the honor system, only registered participants can submit to the leaderboard. The leaderboard entries are reviewed before being publicly available.
- Participants are not required to complete the run. Participants who fail to submit their results by September 30, 2020 at 11:00pm will be displayed on the leaderboard with a time of N/A.
- The top ten times will be announced in the month of October on the Danville Schools Education Foundation & Alumni Association Facebook page.
- The Danville Schools Education Foundation, Inc. reserves the right to alter, not display, or remove entries to the leaderboard if they feel the entries are not truthful. The Danville Schools Education Foundation, Inc. has the final authority on this matter and there is no appeal process.
- By participating/purchasing/registering, you agree that the Danville Schools Education Foundation, Inc. and/or the Danville Independent Schools are not liable for any injuries, cost incurred, or any other situations that could result from your voluntary participation in the event. Particiapte at your own risk.
This event is hosted and organized by the Danville Schools Education Foundation, Inc. of Danville, KY an independent organization that seeks to involve and unite students, staff, alumni, and community in providing additional funding, increasing visibility and building a network of support to expand our areas of focus within the Danville Independent Schools.
- Adult Participant$25$250$0
- Child Participant$15$150$0